Monday, June 3, 2013

First week of June

On Friday, I went to Raquel´s graduation ceremony. It was similar to how an 8th grade graduation would go, although in comparison of her grade to the American schooling system, she is a sophomore. So the ceremonies are similar to the ones in the US except I think ours are more of a show or performance. After, I went to a dinner with some friends while my host sister´s class did a group dinner at their school. Later, we all met up and went to the fiesta to celebrate.

On Saturday, Sergio and I had a dinner with some friends at our house, then we went out and met with up with more friends for the night.

It was super fun weekend, although I was very tired. It doesn’t matter though because I have time to sleep when I return to the States.

A few weeks ago I learned how to make the two very typical Spanish dishes: la Paella y la Tortilla Patata. I am very excited to try making them by myself back home!

This week, I have the majority of my exams this week, so I´m a bit nervous. On Friday morning I leave for Logroño and I get to enjoy my weekend with my friend! I get home Monday night and then I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of school left. Then, Friday morning I leave for Berlin with my class for the week!

I have lots of different things planned with all my friends and with my family throughout the month, and with my two trips, I´m going to have one of the most fun months of my life. The worst part will be saying goodbye and I honestly don´t know how I am going to be able to do. I´m just keeping positive, and enjoying the rest of my time here, though.


Okay, here are some photos of everything:



The family



Andrea, one my favorite people here in Spain



Raquel, Rebeca, Andrea

Alberto and Andrea, love them!

This is Andrea´s little sister, Marta, who I have adopted as my little sister


making la Tortilla Patata




No comments:

Post a Comment