Monday, October 22, 2012

Orientation and No School!

Tuesday I went to school as I normally would and there were six people including me there. That is when I found out that that day was one of the three days where no one goes to school. My friend, Manu, explained what was happening and that there were student strikes in Ponferrada this week and he was leaving after 1st period. We planned our escape during Economy and left immediately after. Leaving class or school is so easy to do here, you literally walk out the door. There is no secrecy or "escaping." Then I went home, watched a movie, and slept. My parents wanted me to go to school on Wednesday because I am only allowed to miss a certain amount of hours of class. I ended up leaving after 4th period because I only had gym and Lengua and my teacher wasn´t there. Thursday I took the bus to Ponfe to go to a strike with Derin and kids in his class, but because it was raining and there had already been a strike the day before, there weren´t that many people. We ended up walking around the city and hanging out. It was a very fun day!

This past weekend, I had my AFS orientation. It was a ton of fun! It was so nice to see my friends from the US that are living in different cities! The best part was meeting tons of new friends from other countries! I made so many new amazing friends, and I can´t wait for the Mid-Year Orientation. I can honestly say I made friends that I will have for a lifetime. At the orientation, we played lots of games, talked about our "emotional rollercoaster," talked about culture shock, other actividies, and this was the time for students to talk about any troubles they are having.

Overall good week! Below are some of my favorite pictures from the orientation!

The student strike

Megg and Milena

My amazing friends <3

All the students!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment